This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri gets so frustrated when Bob follows her around. As soon as Sheri gets up in the morning, "Al" gets up too. She knows it is not his fault, but she so needs that little bit of time to drink her coffee and sit in silence with her cats. Sometimes she can send him back to bed, and sometimes not. Unless you are living it, or have lived it, no one will ever know what this Alzheimer life is like.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh Sheri, that is so true. You cannot understand unless you have been in it. Big hugs to you - Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps me so much to know I'm not the only one who cherishes time alone in the morning. My husband has frontotemporal dementia. It seems lately he has been following me around even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad this helps you :) It is one of the hardest parts isn't it? Hugs to you. :)

      Delete
    2. I have a blog too, it's just my way of venting. Just sharing in case you might want to read it.
      https://reluctantcountrygirl.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  3. My husband is not at this stage yet, thankfully. It will require much patience on my part when he does get there. I am an only child and I cherish time to myself.

    ReplyDelete