This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Monday, March 23, 2015

"Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri is hoping for a better week. When Sheri feels overwhelmed, it is reflected in Bob and "Al", and then projected through them, back to Sheri. Keeping all the balls in the air can be challenging to say the least.

From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed it is not only reflected back and but amplified in many of the responses. We had a neuro/psychologist out to help my wife and were told that in her case she is extremely in tune to my levels of stress, tiredness, and grief. And of course shows it in her own way. I guess that means I am not allowed to be sad or tired. Hmmm. How do I do that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry Peter, it is hard to hide the way we feel isn't it?

      Delete