This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri knows God has a plan for her life. For many years she has hoped this was not it. Recently she changed her thought process from "please let this not be the plan", to realizing that "this may very well be the plan..." and it is okay.
1Samuel 3:7-11
10: ...speak Lord, for your servant is listening.

6 comments:

  1. Although I wouldn't wish this illness or caregiving responsibility on anyone, I know that we learn the most important lessons about life and ourselves from the hardest things we have to face. It's certainly true for my experience with Alzheimer's. And so I'm wishing you peace and enlightenment on this difficult journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the hardest struggles of being on this journey: accepting it in faith that God's plan is good. I am glad for you that you have reached this point. Praying for continued strength and joy. "But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, That I may tell of all your works."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe just maybe this is not God's plan but what the evil on this earth has forced us to live with. When little children die or for that matter anyone who suffers, why would that be part of a loving wonderful God's plan. I have lost in recent years a child to violence and when someone tells me that this is part of my loving God's plan I cannot accept that God would be part of that plan. I think he gives us strength at a spirtual level and we want strength and help at a physical level. God is way beyond that and one day we will understand and all questions answered without even having to ask. But on this earth we don't have all the answers, only questions. I have also in the past year had to place the love of my life in a memory care unit where she now seldom knows me. I have posted on here before and do understand this journey you are going thru since its a path I too have traveled with my wife. Please understand that I truly beleive in God and the forgiveness in his son but do wonder about our interpertation and underatnding of his word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh peter, I know where you are coming from here. I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

      Delete